• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo Crashes InDesign 17.1

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to and after the recent CC InDesign upgrade 17.1, my system crashes when using Undo. Prior to the upgrade the crash report screen would display. Now the system just crashes.

Recently, when trying to re-open the file, I received a notification that the file may now be corrupt. I saved the file and was able to open the file without that notification.

What is the resolve to stop the crashing please?

Is my file in danger?

Thank you for assistance!

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

You'll need to backup  your file.

Next time it opens - use File>Export and choose IDML

And open the IDML file in InDesign and resave it as a different version /name to ensure that you have removed minor corruption.

If InDesign is crashing then here's a few tips you can try

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to backup  your file.

Next time it opens - use File>Export and choose IDML

And open the IDML file in InDesign and resave it as a different version /name to ensure that you have removed minor corruption.

If InDesign is crashing then here's a few tips you can try

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

Reinstalling rarely fixes everything - you can do a complete reinstall using the
Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess I spoke too soon, application has crashed 3 times today. It appears that in one occurrence a person was entering a review as I was working on the file. Different area of the document.

Another instance was when I copied content and then had to undo. It crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you any 3rd party plugins? have you any anti-virus or other software running in the background that is scanning files etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No 3rd party scanning files.

Windows 10 with Windows Security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines