• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalled GoProof, but can't get rid of editing icons

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying out GoProof, but found it wouldn't work for what I need right now.

However, after uninstalling through the exchange, and even deleting files manually on my mac (macOS 10.15.3), I'm still seeing the green text icons from the extension while I'm editng in Normal screen mode.

TOTALLY annoying. (screenshot attached)  Anysuggestions?

Thanks,

Corey.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Oppolis Software was pretty quick to respond with a solution. I just had to search for "Oppolis", instead of GoProof in my InDesign library, and remove all the extensions and plug-ins manually. Seems to have worked 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting the InDesign Caches folder?

On OSX it is /Users/username/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version X.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried on your suggestion, thanks, but nope, still there.  I even deleted the Chache files, and restarted before checking.  I appreciate the suggestion, or any other you might have 😉

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oppolis Software was pretty quick to respond with a solution. I just had to search for "Oppolis", instead of GoProof in my InDesign library, and remove all the extensions and plug-ins manually. Seems to have worked 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out if you go to the Creative Cloud desktop app to Manage Plugins, you'll see the GoProof box, and it will say installed. There are 3 dots next to it, and if you right click on them, you can do a "real" uninstall. Finally got it out of my InDesign!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to know and here is a screenshot for others (it's found under the Marketplace tab).

JainLemos_0-1627592155144.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines