• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated InDesign CC to 2018 and MacBook Pro to Sierra 10.13.1, but InDesign keeps causing total computer freezing and crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some real issues getting any work done because InDesign 2018 completely freezes my MacBook every ten minutes, to the point where I'm having to manually hit the power button every time because it's completely unresponsive.

Last week, it was completely crashing my computer and restarting on its own every 5 minutes or so. I ran Apple Diagnostics, that didn't do anything. I ran disc utility, and that seemed to help a lot. I was able to work an hour without any issues. But this week, I am back to having trouble. Instead of just completely restarting the MacBook, it just becomes completely unresponsive.

I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling CC Cloud and all applications. I am using large InDesign files that are shared throughout the company via Dropbox, and as they are very large files, I am used to some slowness in InDesign, but nothing to this extent. IT guy wants to completely wipe the computer, but I'm hoping for a better solution.

About this Mac:

macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13.1

13" MacBook Pro

2.9 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Graphics 550 1536 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this troubleshooting guide a try:

InDesign CC 2018 troubleshooting how-to guide

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run all the latest updates? There was a significant update to CC 2018 to remedy most of the bug issues from the first release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have provided an update to CC2018 to addressed crashes and bugs.(If the updates are not available select "Check for app updates" option in Creative cloud application.)

Refer Release notes - https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/release-note/indesign-cc-13-0-1.html

If you still face issue, Please restart your machine and provide the following information to help me investigate the issue at santalwa@adobe.com

• OS
  • System configuration
  • Reproducible Steps – What were you doing when InDesign crashed?
  • Error snapshot or video recording of the issue?
  • Is(Are) the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If Yes, Can you please provide the document(s)/asset(s)?
  • Is the file located on network location? If Yes, Is the issue reproducible if you open the document locally?
  • Is Preference and cache present at default location or at custom location?
  • Does Trashing preference and cache, please create a backup of Preference and cache before trashing them, help to resolve the issue?
  • Please provide the log files from your machine? You can get them using log collector tool – https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  • Are you using any external plug-in or extensions? If Yes, Please provide the plug-in(s) or extension(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines