• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating numbering based on reordering pages

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a long document and I want to generate numbers (starting at 01) on the section divider pages that will update. The sections frequently get rearranged. I want it to automatically update based on where they are moved to. The section pages aren't marked as sections in the page panel. I am making parent pages for the sections. 

I tried bulleted list, but then I have to thread them. That won't work for my needs. 

I thought about a text variable but not sure how I would make that work.

(attached a sample)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Hi @Veronica22551996i6fw 

not quite sure I understand you're workflow or what you're trying to achieve (why not use page numbers and proper page sections?) but the main reason numbering lists need to be threaded is the default setting of the default numbering list.

Create a custom numbering list and make sure that the checkbox "Continue Numbers across Stories" is checked.

And set the mode to continue from previous number:
Numbering list.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Veronica22551996i6fw 

not quite sure I understand you're workflow or what you're trying to achieve (why not use page numbers and proper page sections?) but the main reason numbering lists need to be threaded is the default setting of the default numbering list.

Create a custom numbering list and make sure that the checkbox "Continue Numbers across Stories" is checked.

And set the mode to continue from previous number:
Numbering list.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This works great! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines