• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade continually crashing

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time Adobe does a major upgrade, I wait and hold my breath to see what is going to go wrong. The 2022 upgrade did not disappoint in terms of bugs and frustration. After Indesign upgraded to 2022 recently, every couple of days my Indesign program won't open. It gets stuck on 'Starting up Trackers...'. I've waited up to 30 minutes to see if anything happens, but nothing does until I click on the screen again and it says 'Adobe Indesign 2022 is not responding'; causing me to have to close the program. The only way I can get it to work again is uninstall and reinstall the program; which is beyond frustrating considering I have to do this every couple of days and it's not a quick process. Nothing else has changed on my computer and it's only been happening since the upgrade; i've never experienced this with any other version of Indesign.

How do i fix this because I can't afford to keep wasting time with the lengthy uninstall and reinstall process every few days?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS version?

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 and have 517GB free on my computer. 

I have reset the preferences and doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem and even reinstalling it hasn't helped me. Has anyone found a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please start by answer the questions I posed earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines