• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upload a pdf file into InDesign that was created by someone else in their copy of InDesign

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe and someone gave me a pdf file that they created in their copy of InDesign.  I just need to make minor changes to the doument but can't figure out how to upload the file into InDesign.  Can someone help me?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Acrobat Pro to make minor changes to the PDF.

There are converters (PDF to InDesign) available but that may be overkill in your circumstances: https://www.recosoft.com/products/pdf2id/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best option is to edit the original InDesign file. Ask the person who provided the PDF to make the edit or for them to send you the packaged job, which will include all linked images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the person creates a new PDF, ask for a PDF/X-4 with sufficient bleed. That is best PDF you can import. Avoid X-1a or X-3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can import it to InDesign easily but not edit it. Things don't work that way. If you need to edit it, get the InDesign file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines