Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Upload and loading problems using publish online for Indesign

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handful of issues listed below. I've loved working in indesign but this is really starting to get on my nerves and causing delays at work. If any one has a solutions or insight into taking my indesign file and uploading to the internet in a different way without adobe, that would be wonderful!

1) The main issue I'm having is that music that is automatically supposed to play on certain pages will pop on randomly and cut off on the wrong pages when first loading the document. This is usually fixed by continuing to upload the document over and over until a version works.

2) Really slow load times for videos even with reducing the file sizes drastically. 

3) Really slow upload speed when publishing online. This is coupled by constant failed uplaod attempts with Error codes 14 and 16. I've called adobe and had them look at my file and they've stated everything looks good and can't give a reason for these uplaod failures. I've used multiple computers on different networks with varying degree of success but nothing consistant. 

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , Performance , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What format and size are your sound and video files? What is the rate of your internet connection? It seems like a bandwidth porblem. I don't know the what is optimal bitrate for sound and video for publish online. If there is much video I would perhapps consider placing it as Embeded HTML from a video streaming service like youtube ot vimeo. It's a fairly open platform letting you include quite large assets and I don't think there is any processing to optimise the content for delivery. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines