• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

URGENTE. INDESIGN - Convert Text to Curves Problems

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENTE. INDESIGN - Convert Text to Curves, from a Type Path Tool - When I try to creat a Text Path (circle), with the text written in the botton of that circle the and convertion path unformat me the text!!! Does anybody can help me or it's a bug from Indesign. Thanks for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Indesugn forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you converting text to curves? When you do that you lose all special formatting and type "hinting" which makes the text more readable.

If you absolutley need to convert type to outlines, the best way to do it is with Acrobat in a PDF exported from InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter Spier, sorry only answer now, been a little busy.

That is not my work, just try to help a friend… Converting to curves the text and real problem it’s, we got a lot of pages (layouts to created medals). Sometimes we use it, to get the document no editable (Pdf), way’s to work here sometimes.

For what I been talking & reading – This a big bug of the Adobe Indesign, and that happens when you write in a circle path, with lots of words or at least full until de middle the circle. Because normally when we convert the text to outlines, it doesn’t lose much the properties and formatting.

So I hope for future the Adobe Indesign could solve this problem. We always can do it in Acrobat Pro – Preflight… But a big/great program for editing text like the Indesign, to Create digital/print content – Should don’t have bug’s like this.

Thank for all Peter xxx Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peru Bob, Adobe Community and all of you, for your attention. I already solved the problem. Although I don't understand why for now?

Something in that Circle Path Text (formatting or styles!?), created (not by me), which when I try to convert the text to outlines, unformats all the characters and formatting. I thought it was a font problem, or a Tool bug, but this only happens when I written at the bottom (bottom) of the circle. So I was wrong again. But the problem must have to be with that path created. Because whem I created a new one, I don’t get this problem.

And to Peter Spier – Thank You too… It’s not my work, I only know this person/friend needs the text in outlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carloss67,

could be a bug that creeped in recently.

Please show some screenshots of what happens.

See my reply here for a possible solution for a perhaps similar issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/strange-skewing-of-type-on-a-path-when-outlining...

Solution 1

Scale the path and the text first, convert text to outlines, then scale back.

Solution 2

Export to PDF and convert text to outlines with Acrobat Pro.

More details in the thread I linked to above.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laubender.

Here is the printscreen from de Indesign, when I try to convert that Path Text to Outline.

Inside the circle is the new path created by me and with no problems - Good.

Below that, its the old path text (could be anything have to do with a style?).

Like I said - Solved... No problem with Indesign, but only with that Path Text.

Thank for all. XXX

TEXTCONVERT.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly the symptom I had in this other thread.

I then scaled the path with text to 400%, did the outlines without any issue and scaled the result back to 25%.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines