• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using CC on a Macbook Air 2022 (M2)?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm considering buying a MB-air for use on the road.

Primarily for working with Indesign but also with Photoshop and Illustrator.

Will the MB-Air be ok for this?

Anyone with experiences on this topic?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been asked many times. I know the forum isn't great as far as searches go but you're going to find answers from "I have no problem at all" to "when is Adobe going to fix this?"

I wish I could give you an exact answer but there's truly only one way to find out if it will work for you. All I can tell you though is to max out the RAM and get the best processor you can. 

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll also add: Since it's a new Macintosh, you'll probably be running the new OS, Ventura. Be sure to run the latest version 13.2 because updates fixed several problems, and I find it very stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @TeR-D ,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to the information shared above you can also refer to the minimum system requirement for InDesign here. Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonder if you took the plunge and are using CC on an M2. Am considering the same. (I know is alwasy a YMMV situation.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Barbara I did it - and everything is just fine. It is working as it is supposed to - and very fast to 🙂 

No regrets - what so ever ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind you DO need to check system requirements. The entry level MacBook Air isn't likely to be powerful enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-read the thread - I'm sorry this is my mistake - but actually I ended up on buying a Macbook Pro - not a Macbook Air - sorry sorry. 

So - in the end I don't know how CC works on a Macbook Air - but a lot about it working on a Macbook Pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I have been working from a MBP with monitor and is good for me also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines