• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using InDesign templates with Assignments for InCopy?

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a template document in InDesign and have an admin use InCopy to open it up and change the text to create our business cards, with a separate saved document for each employee. I created Assignments for the text boxes, but when I open the template to create a new card, it is attached to those same 4 assignments, so they change every previous document when they update.

Is there a way to make this work?

TOPICS
How to , InCopy workflow

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make an empty parent page. 
make the Text frame part of a CC Library 

place the library element by holding the alt key

add it after placing to an assignment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means I have to create a new document every time I need one. The problem I'm trying to solve is for the InCopy user to be able to make copies from the same template, while saving the new document - with new assignments - each time. From what I'm seeing, if a document has assignments, the assignments are the same each time, so the text just changes in all documents that have those assignments attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's how it works. They're links, just like images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines