• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the Appear Preset in InDesign Animation: Can you make objects appear faster?

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to using the animation functions in InDesign.  I'm hoping to make several objects appear in quick succession. The 'appear' preset defaults to a duration of 0.583 seconds. When I adjust the duration, the objects disappear completely. Is there a way to make the objects appear faster than 0.583 sec?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Window > Interactive > Timing

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Interactive > Timing

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not make it faster than that minimum setting (0.125),  but you can 'tie' objects togheter to appear at the same time for instance in the Timing panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this animation. If you select Appear, 0.583 is the default duration for animation, and will work in preview and publish online. You can change the Appear duration under .583 (down to .125) but once this is done, the animation does not work at all, at least for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fade In does allow the duration to be .125, which does animate quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines