• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v 16.2.1 upgrade crashes upon opening

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot get new version to open (get crash error and send reports).

Instructions about trashing prefs outlined here

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/big-problems-with-indesign-since-update-to-16-2-1/m-p/120456...

are not helpful-- cannot locate the “com.adobe.InDesign.plist” file w spotlight or manually within Indesign 

Nor does starting while pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control work-- crashes all the same before any "are you sure you want to trash prefs" prompt mentioned in instructions 

It's now June, and of course am starting to run into file incompatibilities with outside indd files, incuding in a daylong seminar today which I've ignored for three hours as I try to do the seemingly simple thing of upgrading Indesign. Sigh. 

Running Catalina 10.15.7.

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Does the app crash while working on a specific file or performing a specific task? Please try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/advanced-troubleshooting-for-launch-issues/td-p/11394034?pag...) and share your observations with us. 

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if I was unclear. Cannot get new version to OPEN. At all.

The main window (after the login screen) flashes for a brief second or two and then the whole thing goes down, with an error message and a "send report" option. 

Why that would require testing in safe mode, I don't know, but will try as per the instructions at the link... after I spend time saving the hundreds of tabs open on browsers that I have no garantee will exist after safe mode operation. 

(Can I be honest? I just find this shocking for $800/year software...) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revisiting.  App crashes at exactly the same point in the booting process during safe mode. Root mode is inaccessible to me as a user in a large organization with an incommunicado IT dept that has bulletproofed the macbook.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FINAL update:  trashing prefs, recommended by google, worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines