• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very old CS6 Indesign can't authenticate, need for plugin (OSX 10.7.5)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a very old Mac Mini running Adobe CS6 on OSX 10.7.5 in order to use a Quark to Indesign plugin. Thankfully we're having to use it less and less as time goes by, but its still fired up once in a while. Today I had to fire it up to convert an older form, and sadly its telling me:

We're sorry, but we're not able to connect to the Adobe Server right now. Please click here to troubleshoot any connectivity problems. If this problem persists please contact Customer Support.

There is an active Adobe CC subscription linked to that account. I just got off chatting with support and they said to post here. Some details of we went over:

• The computer is connected to the internet. It can get online.
  • Safari and Chrome are both hopelessly out of date and cannot log onto/display Adobe's website (Safari can't connect, Chrome tries its best but isn't useable).
  • The Adobe Updater cannot connect, and says it does not have an internet connection.
  • The plugin (Q2IDv6_CS6.InDesignPlugin) will not work on Creative Cloud, and has moved to a subscription service (alternatives appreciated!).
  • I cannot re-download the CS6 (it does show up in the account page), and heaven help me I don't know where the install media.

Help? I'm not sure what to try next. Its a very odd case. I need to either get this working OR I need to find an alternative way to deal with this old Quark stuff.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Potentially sounds like a TLS (Transport Layer Security) protocol issue.

TLS 1.2 is now required to connect https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

TLS 1.2 is only supported on OSX 10.8 and later. So you'd need to upgrade the operating system from 10.7.5 if your Mac hardware is compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was afraid of that possibility. I mean, in the back of my head I was hoping it wouldn't be that significant but... er... yeah. Hrm. I'll have to check. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"will not work on Creative Cloud, and has moved to a subscription service (alternatives appreciated!)"

There are no alternatives. markzware was pretty much the only game in town.

That being said, their current modules for CC do have a non-sub license option.

You could also look into just using their online conversion service on a one-off situation... It's not that expensive. I've used it for converting client's Publisher files I inherit to work on, and I've done most for under $50 each.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to John's post, you can test your connectivity here: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: I may be able to convert this for you if you are in a time pinch. What version quark file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure which version of Quark. We've had a couple over the years, some versions older than others. Hrm. I'm not sure if the boss will let me send something off like that or not, but thankfully i don't think its time critical. I'll need to check it out.

For the time being I'm going to have to find and hook my old Cheese Grater Pro back up then use it for Quark. Worry about conversion later. Worse comes to worse make a PDF out of it, plus copy as much stuff as possible (text and such) so recreation is easier if need be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If, by chance, the file is REALLY old, InDesign can still open Quark 3 & 4 files directly without a plugin.

Try open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines