• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very unconvenient type issues on mac M1 (16.4 indesign version)

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're experiencing very strange issues with text frames on indesign last version on a Mac mini M1.

Texts are dissapearing while editing id (We have to zoom to make it visible again)

Also, we have huge troubles with text display itself : letters are sometimes overlaying.

It occurs with differents fonts and a same document opened on a different mac (intel) with last indesign version is working well.

This is hugely unconvenient, especially for an expensive professional design software, and these issues needs to be fixed as soon as possible by adobe. It occurs since the first beta of indesign on mac m1 !

Thanks

MacOS version 11.4 (Big Sur)
Indesign version : 16.4

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show some screenshots please?

Or post an animated GIF…

Hm. Best do a bug report at Adobe UserVoice:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Do you see the similar behavior of text disappearing when GPU Performance(Under Preferences) is turned off? I'd also request you to share the preferences files of the app. This will help us replicate the issue on our end & assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have had the same issue ever since beta version for M1 release. I reported this issue multiple times in testing phase. After the public release the issue persisted. I then began a more than week long troubleshooting process with Adobe and lost many hours trying to resolve the issue. Every potential solution was explored and in the end I was told it would be resolved in the next update and the case was closed. That was in April this year, I sat in wait eagerly for many months hoping every update would resolve the issue, it is now September and still nothing, I have lost hope and this has definately tarnished my experience with Adobe and I am begining my transition to Serrif software, as this works perfectly with M1. After dealing with with Adobe for so many years I am extremly disappointed with the lack of attention to this issue as I and many other professionals rely on this software to make a living.

Shame on you Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame on you Adobe.

By @WeBeCreative

Reign it in a bit - Adobe staff rarely visit the forums - this is a user to user forum. 

You're mostly talking to people just like you. 

More to the point - Apple decided to break from the Intel/Amd processors and develop their own. Which meant a lot of other apps, Adobe created and other non-Mac apps had to rewrite their code to work on the new Mac chips - that was evidently very problematic for every non-Apple software. 

It's hardly Adobes shame - they are trying to get it work - however, there are 1000's if not Millions of people using the software all in different locations in the world, all with different setups, specs, servers, workflows - so it does take time to get it right. 

In reality, most people don't upgrade to the latest shiny Apple products until all the kinks have been ironed out. 

I work Primariliy on a Windows and I won't be upgrading to Windows 11 until about a year into Windows 11 - whats the point in upsetting my workflow and potential earnings. 

That being said - everyone wants to help you - but insulting Adobe by saying 'Shame on you!' is not a way to get the help you need. 

Adobe wants the software to work perfectly for you and for everyone else.

So I ask - reign it in.

You can report bugs/feature requests here - which is the best place to get your problem heard and looked into by Adobe. 

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

IN the meantime there's a number of things you can try

Try resetting your preferences:
The easiest way to reset everything is to delete the InDesign preferences: as soon as InDesign starts to boot hold down Shift, Alt, Ctrl (and Apple/Cmd if working on a Macintosh). A dialog will appear asking to delete the InDesign Preferences, select 'Yes' on this dialog.
Further info and instructions here if needed:
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

---

You can always try the creative cloud cleaner tool https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me on my MacBook pro M1, it appears strange frames and problems, displaying bizarre elements on indesign, latest version of indesign (17.0.1). It makes the software unusable. Adobe it is urgent to solve this s.it please 😞

Adobe suite costs me too much money every years for a so mediocre result.

Someone found a solution please ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trending issues

• Issue:- Page display looks glitchy when scrolling in InDesign.
  • Action:- Bug has been logged with our engineering team.
  • Workaround Solution:- Under InDesign preferences, change the UI scaling from large to small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solution, but i use the french interface, so what is the UI Scaling please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi douglas3virgule14.

scroll down to: "Personnalisation de la mise à l’échelle de l’interface utilisateur" in the help pages:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

This is a new feature in InDesign 2022.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines