• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video keeps playing after pop up window is closed

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the most recent Indesign CC and Publish Online.

I've pasted in a YouTube HTML code for a video, and have made a button with two states.

State One is a play button, clicking it takes you to State Two, which is the video itself. It's designed to look like the video window appears on your screen like a pop-up.

It plays fine, the problem is if I click a close button I made that takes you back to State One where the video no longer appears, the damn thing keeps playing in the background, as the sound continues.

Because the video dows not reside on my computer - it's the code you copy when sharing from YouTube - I can't just make a button action that stops the media from playing. How can I make the video stop playing when you go back to State One, or is there another way to do this entirely? Thanks.

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Bob is the MSO master :-), so do look into the extension he mentions. 

Keep in mind, though, you can set a button to not only PLAY video but to STOP, PAUSE, etc.

DianeBurns_0-1638897811689.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mikey,

Im actually facing the same damn issue, having a popup video, that keeps playing once u pressed play button even if u switched to different state that makes your video disapear.

When I think about it, I feel stupid for not realising that, and it's damn logic.

Nevertheless, since Indesign is still facing more important issues, I assume that for now, there arent any magic button to check that says "stop playing media" or "stop playing media for this state" etc..

This said, since Indesign allows you to embed video/media on different object's states, there HAVE TO BE something to shut the video that might be thought to disapear.

I would really like to be wrong, so that's why im posting, at least this post will be going up the thread.

Where are you indesign super hero guy ?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button to change states can have more than one action so try setting it to stop playing the video and then go to the other state. For this to work, you'll need to put the buttons into the MSO itself. This free extension can take a bit of the pain out of buttons in MSOs: Object States Assistant for Adobe InDesign – Automatication

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bob and thanks for the reply, I'll give a try this object state assistant !

That might be the trick I / we are looking for. What if, as mikey explained my video is also a pasted youtube video code ? would your extension work ?

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not my extension and I have no idea what effect it will have on a Youtube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob is the MSO master :-), so do look into the extension he mentions. 

Keep in mind, though, you can set a button to not only PLAY video but to STOP, PAUSE, etc.

DianeBurns_0-1638897811689.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm honored, Diane. 🙂

I haven't done this with a video in a while but I do think the button has to be in the state with the video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it only works for local videos, videos with the youtube code, there is no possibility to stop the sound. Any more ideas? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It feels like editing the html code could provide an answer, something along these lines: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8667882/how-to-pause-a-youtube-player-when-hiding-the-iframe but I'm not a coder and not sure if this sort of thing works in InDesign - and help from someone who understands all this would be greatly appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines