Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video or audio from NAS

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI ALL,

I would like to embed a video or audio file from a NAS in an indesign document using media tab.

I can select the video or audio file. But I cannot place it on the workfild. It is an interactive PDF.

What to do?

Arjan

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

You've solved your own issue. If it is not working directly from the NAS then there is some issue communicating or lag speed with that external source.

I would drag my resources locally when building the InDesign document then backup on the storage device.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned NAS, and I can say with most confidence the issue is not the fact that you are placing media from this kind of device. Rather the format, encoding, or other media setting is the issue. Please provide additional media information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is is a normal mp4 file. Plays normally in Quick time. Pics are no problem. Only MP4 and MP3.
When I put them on the local harddisk of the Macbook there is no problem.
Hope this helps.
De informatie verzonden met dit e-mailbericht is vertrouwelijk en uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Verstrekking aan en gebruik door anderen dan geadresseerde is niet toegestaan. Door elektronische verzending van het bericht kunnen er geen rechten worden ontleend aan de informatie. Als dit bericht niet voor u is bestemd, wordt u vriendelijk verzocht dit aan de afzender te melden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is a normal mp4 file. Plays normally in Quick time. Pics are no problem. Only MP4 and MP3.
When I put them on the local harddisk of the Macbook there is no problem.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 is a container format, and can use any of many possible CODECs for video and audio. However, if it works on the hard disk but not the NAS it seems the CODEC is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've solved your own issue. If it is not working directly from the NAS then there is some issue communicating or lag speed with that external source.

I would drag my resources locally when building the InDesign document then backup on the storage device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the Place command?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that as well, no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines