• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Visual page refresh glitch on Windows 10 when inserting page break characters

Participant ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having many visual glitches - when inserting page break characters, the affected page often does not refresh at all and I don't immediately see any results. To see it, I need to zoom in or out of the page or move it away from screen and back.

I am on Windows 10,

NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 graphic-card,

Dell P2415Q monitor,

InDesign 17.3 (Hebrew enabled).

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

That's Ok, it's a minor glitch, I already finished designing the book. Thanks for checking it out anyway. If I have it again I will send you more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sesamme ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Please try to turn off GPU Performance in InDesign preferences and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no GPU setting in InDesign preferences. I'm on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sesamme ,

was this document created on the Windows 10 machine?
Or did you create it with InDesign for MacOS and then worked on with InDesign for Windows?

What you can try:

Export the document to IDML, open the IDML file as document and save to a new name.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that - didn't help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps suggested above, @Sesamme. Is it possible for you to share the InDesign file with us so that we can check and investigate at our end? If yes, please upload the file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over a private message.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika

I've sent you a private message with a link to the file

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sesamme,

Thank you for sharing the file. I am unable to reproduce the issue at my end on the windows machine. Could you please share the screenshot of the UI scaling and Display performance under preferences?  Is it set low and high quality respectively.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's Ok, it's a minor glitch, I already finished designing the book. Thanks for checking it out anyway. If I have it again I will send you more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you need any help in future. 

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered using Paragraph Styles that automatically break to a new page when they need to? Why do this manually?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but it's a poetry book originally typed in Word and not very well formatted. I need to control every page to be sure I break the text in the right place. Automation is NOT an option. But it's Ok - I'm already done ))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines