• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WAY more type 1 fonts listed than are actually in document + Crashing.

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, we recently updated to Indesign CC from CS5. The process has been a bit bumpy.

We have a number of type 1 fonts that we are phasing out in old documents. I'm now noticing in older documents from CS5 or Indesign 2021 (We're on 2022) that I'm getting a warning that says:
"Type 1 Fonts will no longer be supported in 2023. Your document contains 53 Type 1 Fonts."

... But the documents contain 2, or no, type 1 fonts. When I replace the type one fonts, the warning continues. The list on the top of the doc literally says "15 Fonts in Document" and "type 1 fonts: 2"

We've also been having crashing issues when saving and exporting to PDF and I think these things are connected. Please help!!
TOPICS
Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have already looked through styles and the paste board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something you could try quickly is to open a CS5 document in the version you have upgraded to, do a save-as to a new location, and then export to .idml. If you open the .idml file and compare it to the newly-saved version, it may have cleared out the phantom fonts. Or maybe not, but since it will be very quick to try, it wouldn't hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultsymrncxukdkf

Sorry about that. The product team is aware of this issue, and they are working on a fix. I would request you to please stay patient and stay tuned for updates.

For your crash issue, could you please share a few more details like:

• OS & version of InDesign currently installed on your machine.
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/kb/submit-crash-reports.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.
  • Does it crash while saving/ exporting a specific file or all?
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
    Also, Where are the links saved?
  • Are you using any plugin or extension or any font manager?

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines