• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Breaks between Title and Paragraph

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm doing an ebook using Indesign for Kindle, everything looks fine in the design file, however, when I exported it, there was weird breaks between the headings and the paragraph and also it's changed the order. As it's shown here: 

The first page suppose to be the paragraph under the second page, as well as the 3rd  page, but now they're separated into 3 different pages and different order. 

Same situation with the 4th and 5th page, when the 4th paragraph should be underneath the Title "Chuong 1" first instead of the paragraph in the 5th page. 

KelKel_0-1648000033031.png

These are images from my Indesign of what they should be looked like: 

KelKel_1-1648000210373.png

KelKel_2-1648000225349.png

I just want only a page break between the previous chapter and the next chapter title as they will shift to another page for easier reading. 

This is my paragraph style setting for the headings:

KelKel_3-1648000419433.pngKelKel_4-1648000426355.png

Thank you in advance! 

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Documents for export to EPUB must be in a single continuous text flow. Breaking that text into multiple boxes, as you've done, even threaded ones, will cause all kinds of strange behavior.

Make your book document one continuous flow and use paragraph styles to set spacing, etc.

Page breaks and spacing above text (as for chapter headings, etc.) are tricky in reflowable EPUB and Kindle. EPUB does not support page breaks without internal file breaks, which Kindle does not like. Kindle, however,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - you could try to have the headers and body all in one text box and add spacing to before and after in the paragraph style for your headers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jadann, but if I put all the headings and paragraph in the same text box, will it be inconvenient when I delete the current chapter and replace with the new one instead of Select All (Ctrl A) and paste? (I separated each chapter in different file) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Documents for export to EPUB must be in a single continuous text flow. Breaking that text into multiple boxes, as you've done, even threaded ones, will cause all kinds of strange behavior.

Make your book document one continuous flow and use paragraph styles to set spacing, etc.

Page breaks and spacing above text (as for chapter headings, etc.) are tricky in reflowable EPUB and Kindle. EPUB does not support page breaks without internal file breaks, which Kindle does not like. Kindle, however, does honor InDesign page breaks.

But everything is in that one text flow and proper paragraph formatting, not tricks with "paste up" on the layout. All such page layout will be lost in the export.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines