• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird! Can't move pages...

Advocate ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I've run into this before - I have a "split" showing up between documents I'm combining into a single document:

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 11.58.37 AM.png

 I am trying to insert two blank pages before page 1, but page 1 continues to insist it gets two blank spaces before it....
Typically I've just adjusted section starts to get everything to be continuous, but there's something I'm missing here...

Any ideas what I should look for?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

I just did a test, and was able to fix it by deleting the section start at page "1", and then adding it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

This is happening because when moving in pages from another document, the pages enter the new document as an Alternate Layout. I have not found a way to prevent this or undo it, other than deleting and remaking the section start tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a test, and was able to fix it by deleting the section start at page "1", and then adding it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the page in the pages panel and tick the Allow pages to shuffle

Then select No

EugeneTyson_0-1627056850038.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eugene - thanks - tried that... no luck though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening because when moving in pages from another document, the pages enter the new document as an Alternate Layout. I have not found a way to prevent this or undo it, other than deleting and remaking the section start tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines