• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Red Boxes showing up in ID while editing text, frames & layouts at work...

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I work on menu and advertisment layouts - randomly, while I am editing text / frame sizes and layout spacing I will get this red bar that takes over my screen and doesnt go away until I close out of the program and restart.  The red bar shows up in different sizes and locations each time - but only in the ID workspace that I am currently working in.  I checked and my ID is up to date (16.3.2) and there are no newer versions to update/install.  It really takes a toll on my workday - has anyone found a solution other than updating?  My CC window doesnt give me that option... 

*Attached are two SS from different work days on different projects to show that the red bar/space/box thing really just takes up a random space

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Try unticking the GPU Performance in InDesign preferences, then closing and reopening InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unticking the GPU Performance in InDesign preferences, then closing and reopening InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this out - so far it seems to be working!  Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to 16.3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is my current version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stacy,

as Bob mentioned there is a fix with InDesign 16.3.2. See this report at InDesign UserVoice:

Red stripes in InDesign document
Helena, June 08, 2021
"Why do I get red stripes in the indesign document when I have more than two files open?"

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/43587417-red-stripes-in...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ID is up to date and there are no options to go to a higher version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm. Then do a new bug report at InDesign UserVoice.

Also give a link to this thread here.

Hm. Comment as well in the bug report I linked to in my other post.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( BACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines