• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird workspace glitching within InDesign 2022

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced a weird glitch when navagating through their workspace for a project?

I've attached a screen recording of what is going on. It gets much worse, more extreme and my workflow is so slow now, even to do the most simplest of tasks. This started happening when I updated InDesign from 2021 version to the most recent 2022 version. My other apps are not affected in this way, only InDesign.  

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else or if I'm the only lucky SOB that this is happening too LoL.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same issue after last update. it temporarily helps to switch from CPU to GPU preview but just for a moment really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whew, glad I'm not the only one hehe. Yes, I've been doing that as well. Hopefully there is a fix for it soon LoL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me on my InDesign on my Windows Machine -- working on file and then click on a tool and it takes over 30 secs to highlight tool, etc.

Sadly, still no GPU support on windows

My machine specs are :
Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

and
Mac mini (M1, 2020) - 16GB Ram - 2TB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this:

1. Go to Preferences -> User Interface Scaling 

2. Change UI Sizing to "Small"

3. Restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks -- this is the scaling I already have it set at.

My machine specs are :
Intel Core i7 - 9700F CPU @ 3.00 GHZ 8 core 64 GB of ram 64 bit operating system NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 164 MB memory Monitor is BenQ PD3200U 4K UHD - hooked up via HDMI

and
Mac mini (M1, 2020) - 16GB Ram - 2TB SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try switching to it to different scaling then restart Indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this:

1. Go to Preferences -> User Interface Scaling 

2. Change UI Sizing to "Small"

3. Restart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoa, this fixed it for me! I am able to navigate my project normally now. Thanks for the suggestion! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines