• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to the new InDesign community!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are so excited to have you join us on your creative journey with InDesign.

My name is Sujatha Reddy and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Om Nath Jha. My team and our community of experts will continue to guide and assist you as usual in this new space.

We hope you like the new experience!

If you have any questions or comments about this new community, feel free to post here. We are listening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> how did you ...? - the benefit of an own archive. I have an email server that has several million emails, dating back to 2003, also relevant downloads. It just happens too frequent that the next generation of managers decides that disk space is expensive and they better discard the precious work of their predecessors. You wouldn't believe how many useful examples in old version plugin SDKs have been dropped, or how much better the documentation was when it still was produced as PDF rather than as bundle of web pages. My mail archive has some gaps though because Jive would kill my subscriptions with erratic frequency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have it default to "Latest" instead of "Relevant"?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also even when I choose Latest, the order is by the original post date and not the replys. So current discussions quickly get buried and lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob, we are passing on your feedback continuously to the Product team and this issue has been addressed. Please check and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, once you select "Latest Replies" manually, next time when you open community it should remember your preferred selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Dirk:

“Will older messages get restored at some time? Loss of the archive was a major pain when Webex was dumped in favor of Jive back in 2007, but apparently someone decided to repeat that mistake. Are countless hours of volunteer work discarded again?”

We have been told they have been archived, not deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mike points out (I can no longer refer to his post because there are no post numbers) the default to Relevant makes it very difficult for ACP and MVP members to methodically answer recent questions. I’m not even sure what relevance means—relevant to what when I haven’t searched for anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make a lot of documents in InDesign that I use in a variety of channels. Lately, I've had a few documents that my dev team wants to convert into online something or others. The dev team member who works on these projects says he doesn't have a design eye and asks me to redline out all the particulars of the document (font size, the exact location of each line by inches, etc.). Doing this for him is extremely time consuming. Does InDesign have a selection box I can click on that would provide these kinds of details so I don't have to manually determine them for him? THANKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, now all search result from google redirect to main page. 
Why would you do something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the older threads, which had no activities, have been archived and that is why it is being redirected to the main page. If there's anything specific which you want us to bring back, feel free to let me know. I'll try to get the content back. Please share the title of that thread, if you have it saved, so that I can check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
J'avais 2 questions : 
 1 - Comment lancer une recherche mais uniquement dans la partie "Scritping" d'InDesign ?
J'ai essayé en saisissant "[scripting]" dans le champ de recherche, puis ensuite ce que je recherche, par exemple:
"[scripting] pageItems".
J'obtiens 157 résulats, qui portent tous le label "scripting" mais je ne peux en voir que quelques uns. Le site ne m'afiche qu'une page de résultats ! Comment voir la suite des 157 résultats ?
Ma deuxième question est celle-ci, quelle que soit la recherche que je lance seule la première page des résultats est visible :
2 - Comment voir tous les résultats d'une recherche ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more Q. Is there any reason my screen name (Supreme_Chancellor) is not showing up? Not a big fan of 58234121

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Sujatha_Reddy
"If you have any questions or comments about this new community, feel free to post here. We are listening."
I get the feeling noone is listening... Why do all hits from Google to this forum end up on the front page?
I can't get any info from Adobe Support Community via Google, what a waste of loads of wisdom.
Regards
Johan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

Sorry about the delay, but we are listening and passing on your feedback continuously to the Product team. The older threads, which had no activities, have been archived and that is why it is being redirected to the main page. If there's anything specific which you want us to bring back, feel free to let me know. I'll try to get the content back. Please share the title of that thread, if you have it saved, so that I can check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. "No activities"? What about reading or searching activities ? Let's make it straight and square: WE WANT THOSE THREADS BACK! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not agree with you more! Bring back the old threads, ALL of them! I often find answers to my questions or relevant bits of syntax in posts that are more than a few years old. I don't always post on them, but that doesn't mean I'm not reading them. Also please bring back the subforums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally AGREE.. Pls bring back ALL threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to second Dirk's comment, as well as that of many others - not having access to the old forum messages is a disaster. It's a wealth of helpful information that is helpful for everyone from amateur to expert. You just have to bring the archives back and make them easily searchable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I haven't been to the forum in a few weeks, but I do turn to it whenever I have a problem or need advice, and it has alwasy come through -- often within minutes. However, I was shocked to see the new format. I find it far less usable in all ways than the previous format, and not juse because I'm not used to it. There is less information on the screen -- this makes it harder to scan material. Topicality seems to be missing. It's just altogether clumsier. Perhaps the new design is meant to accommodate those who use the forum exclusively on their mobile phones? But frankly, I don't know an InDesign user who does NOT use a desktop computer (or a lappie with a big screen attached). Why the reformat? Sorry. It's awkward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

where is the best place to post this please?

Hi there.

Using InDesign, I am trying to re-format a supplied Word Document, coming from the client. 

There are lots of complex (to me anyway) formulas in the text, which disappear when imported.

I'm using a work-around ... "Printing a PDF" from the supplied document and then "placing" in a picture box in my InDesign Doc, but really, in 2019, there must be another way (which is 100 times more time efficient)?

Any help appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The best place to post this would be in the UserVoice. Here's the link: https://indesign.uservoice.com. Are you placing the Word document in InDesign or copying the content/text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I just create an image of the math formulas I get and place that into my IND layout. I've not found a plugin that correctly converts Microsoft Word math text to usable InDesign content. Manually type setting things in IND is as painful. The good in using an image of the math include time saved, no risk of mistyping a math symbol, and if 508 accessibility is of any concern (it should be), then you csn use Alt Text to correctly dictate the formula for screen readers where some symbols or literal read order of the formula may not translate for screen readers very well. Uservoice is for posting bugs or future requests. I'm not sure you'll find and answer there IMO, but you probably have a good idea for a feature request at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone reading the forums by email subscription, I have some more negative observations:
In better/previous forum systems the author of any original message or response would be indicated by the "From:" field. WebEx did that, Jive did that. Even the PR forums does it. Now we just get a noisy "Adobe Support Community Mailer".
Next, it would be a very useful feature to preserve the subject, eventually prefix it with a "Re: ". In combination with appropriately maintained email fields such as "In-Reply-To:", this allows most email clients to sort&display messages in threads.
Instead, in some cases the new forum just copies a part of the response into the subject, leaving us completely out of context so we have to click thru to the original thread at the web site. Then, click "more answers" to expand and see it was irrelevant anyway.
Of course email subscriptions would be even better if messages contained the full contents, not just the first paragraph. If saving screen space is the intention, I could easily live without the fat, colorful "Adobe Support Community" banner on top.
Even more space savings are possible: The forum should not precede every message with "Hello your_name". I definitely know my name, I don't need a robot repeat it to me hundreds of times. When I fly thru emails, this should be a primary eye catcher to find messages addressed to me by the actual writer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the email system is horribly broken and I don't know how this was launched this way, but I've been assured it's going to be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now gotten two emails that have the same message, but that don't link back to a message on the forum. Can't tell from the email if this is a private message or what. This is what the message says:

> Hi, The older threads which had no activities have been archived. If there's anything specific which you want us to bring back, feel free to let me know. I'll try to get the content back. Please share the title of that thread, if you have it saved, so that I can check it.

There's no author indicated in the email. Has anyone else seen this? Seems like this may be coming from an Adobe employee.

And if this is the solution they're proposing, oh boy, what a mess.  a) how are we supposed to know what the old messages are that should be unarchived if we don't have access to the archive? b) what sense does it make to unarrchive messages one at a time? c) the criteria they used for archiving old threads, i.e. threads "which had no activities", is vague - what's that mean?

Lawrence Horwitz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines