• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welcome to the new InDesign community!

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are so excited to have you join us on your creative journey with InDesign.

My name is Sujatha Reddy and I am your community manager responsible for managing this community along with Om Nath Jha. My team and our community of experts will continue to guide and assist you as usual in this new space.

We hope you like the new experience!

If you have any questions or comments about this new community, feel free to post here. We are listening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lawrence, as I replied to Dirk, yes, the current system is horribly broken. I'm told it's being worked on and should be fixed soon to match the old forum. I have no idea how it get launched this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Any idea when this might be fixed?

What was a very good tool / learning resource is now ruined.

All the best.

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This alert showed up and I clicked it twice. Although it brings me to this thread, I cannot find Om's message to read all of it. It must be buried somewhere in here?

~ Jane

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a reply to the second post, good luck finding it since you have to manually drop down the replys and half of them are empty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. I hope this is one of the things they’re looking at fixing.

this turns the classic “it’s not a bug, it’s a feature” on its head. Clearly this is an intended feature that’s effectively a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again!
Somehow I got this reply to my request to access old threads (cant find this answer here, only in my mail fom Adobe Support Community):

Well, I am new to Extendscript, so I do searches every day on google, most of the hits I get links to Adobe Support Community, and are now totally irrelevant.

Please restore all old threads, the fact that they are inactive doesn’t mean they do not have great content.

Cheers
Johan

My most recent search pointing to a dead end:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1669349

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat, It's made making any progress in learning extendScript next to impossible. I created a uservoice request here: https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/913162-adobe-indesign-sdk-scripting-bugs-and-features/suggesti...

Also, I saw that reply on this thread at some point, but I think it was deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird that the answer disappeared... but most things in this forum seems weird since the "improvement" ;).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, dear, I would love to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant find all the old community posts.. !!! 

especially those relating to InDesign scripting! Many of members put in lots of time & effort to help solve.

I just hope those are not wasted!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

1. Could you help to find "Direct InDesign Scripting" Path

2. If I search "InDesign" content in Adobe InDesign page,

see the screenshot it shows 1001 results but in that page it shows only around 20 questions and answers only.

Kindly help it urgent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been merged with the general forum, which is catastrophic for beginners trying to find help. You can vote here & try to get them seperated again: 
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/913162-adobe-indesign-sdk-scripting-bugs-and-features/suggesti...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear "Adobe forum"...

When you'll recover because of the bullet that you shot yourself in the foot, will you be kind enough to answer to the people who kindly brought a couple of major* issues (please read above)...

I have thousands of other issues to bring up, but I'll be nice to you, I'll wait a little bit, but hurry up... Who knows when Google caches will be deleted?

For your own sake, dear "Adobe forum", wake up, give us a proof of life...

Looking forward to hear from you, and not something like "we are working on improvments".

Vinny

* by "major", I mean "lethal"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you by chance visit our neighbors - Illy folks? I'm attaching the screenshot of just one post - one of the many.
Adobe, I hope you didn't pay much for this… ehm… masterpiece. Because this whole thing is a bold, obvious, EPIC FAIL. Not worth a single penny. And I'm NOT looking forward for the answer. You don't have what to say, as I see it.

FromIllyForum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sujatha Reddy, this is Wilson from Hyderabad, my concern is...I was using Pagemaker for quiet some time and have all my data in the pagemaker and now it seems stopped. Then can I have the same data and use it iin Indesign for further assignments? if so how can I avail Indesign and please share with me the details of it.

Thanks 

Wilson

{User information removed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you plz answer a q for us? We are interested in running Adobe InDesign on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro. Does InDesign work on this hardware? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brit,

Thanks for reaching out. As of now, we do not have InDesign available for mobile devices, however, we do have mobile applications which you can use in combination with Desktop app to create layouts on your phone or tablet using natural drawing gestures. For more details, please take look at this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/mobile-apps/how-to/layout-ideas-go.html

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my operating system to Mojave 10.14.6 and can no longer run my InDesign program (CS4). Is there a way to make it compatible without buying a new one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Betty,

Sorry to hear about this. CS applications have been discontinued and are no longer compatible with today's OS (https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/system-requirements-old-versions.html). I am afraid, attempts to troubleshoot the install could result in it becoming unusable. We strongly recommend upgrading your software to a newer version that is supported or downgrade the operating system.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had a mac hard drive (in a 2015 imac) replaced by a SSD drive. Indesign opens and appears to work properly, but each time it opens, it tells me that ButtonLibrary.indl could not be found, and asks if I want to postpone its recovery. "Yes" to recover it later, "No" to delete recovery data, and "Cancel" to postpone document recovery. I've been choosing "Cancel" and Indesign appears to work properly. I'm using Indesign 14.0.2, my files do not have any buttons. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Sorry about this. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, please take a look at the steps shared on this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/InDesign/Unable-to-open-InDesign-2017-on-MAC-Error-Cannot-open-Librar...

Also, I would suggest if you could update the InDesign to v14.0.3 and check if that helps.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really listening?

What a big step backwards, so difficult to find any content relating to what you are looking for now the sub-catagories can't be searched. If you're really listening then please tell us when this will be addressed as this forum has quickly becoming redundant with many users for this, and I'm sure many other reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, sorry about the delay, but we are continuously listening and monitoring this thread. We have passed on your feedback to the Product team and they are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont like the 'overhaul' at all, and agree with most concerns. But the old threads, gone, forever? What a pity!

edit:

And this spam…

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-01 um 13.31.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines