• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Welp... I see that the latest INDD (18) Is a sluggish mess on Intel chip (Was "Intel Silicon")

Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like working with two cinder blocks tied to each wrist. It's just awful

Maybe it's the Pig OS Apple calls Monterey.

Reagardless, it's terrible

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User ,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of macOS Monterey.
  2. More details about what exactly is happening at your end. If you can share a small video of the workflow, that would be helpful.
  3. Is it happening while working on a specific file or multiple files?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign CC 2023 (v 18.0) on a M1 MacBook Pro running macOS 12.6 (Monterey).

I'm having no speed problems at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Note Title of Post... "Intel Silicon"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I'm confused, @Deleted User. Isn't it one or the other?

https://www.howtogeek.com/706226/how-to-check-if-your-mac-is-using-an-intel-or-apple-silicon-processor/

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

This is comical

The FTC should force PC-Software and Hardware makers to 10-year comaptability window.

Even taking into account the "The Recycleability of Macs" this is the PC version of fast fashion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ten years? The FTC? That ain't happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No kidding... Windows 7-10/Intel machines can run a LOOOOONG time, but Apple's got chips to push now. I'm now discovering what a rip-off Apple really in for the production environment.

On th other hand, I'd be thankful if they Adobe stopped pushing out sloppy, buggy code and worked on fixing the bugs they have now. But I guess it just easier to buy legit competition and snuff it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same setup for me Steve, and no speed issues. 

Edit: It's actually the M1 Max, and I have 64 GB of RAM. 4TB with 3.5 free. So plenty of system resources. What are your specs, @Deleted User? And did you import your preferences from v17 when you installed v18?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, here's what I'm running:

SteveWerner_0-1666375609011.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've noticed the mainline apps (ID, AI, PS) all seem to trigger the fan frequently on my 27" 5K iMac. I'm not ready to point at the latest versions, or a specific MacOS version, as I can't really pinpoint when it started happening more often. But it sure is annoying. Look at these hogs! Illustrator is idle and ID has one three-page file open!

Screenshot 2022-11-15 at 12.00.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines