• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What am I doing wrong here? (margins)

Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I created a half-letter-size document (5.5" x 8.5") with a half-inch margin on all four sides. I got a red margin far away from the actual document (see photo). When I printed the document, the "passport" showed up on the lower right-hand side of the printed document.

I'm a little rusty in InDesign. Used to use it on a daily basis but not anymore.

Thank you!

Passport issue.JPG

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

That red line is your bleed guide. Any chance you entered a big number for your bleed value? Check it by choosing File > Document Setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That red line is your bleed guide. Any chance you entered a big number for your bleed value? Check it by choosing File > Document Setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. It's a bleed line, which I have now removed. It's printing fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go back and check your bleed settings: from your screen shot, it looks like the bleed is set to 5 inches instead of 0.5 inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines