• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What area Justification-settings apply?

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Justification-settings apply to whole document, page or only one text frame?

Can I select 5 text frames and then select Justification-settings and add values that I want and they will apply to those all 5 text frames?

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Text Frame Options (CTRL-B with the frame selected), if you set options on a Parent page text frame, they will apply to every page using that Primary Text Frame. If you select any text frame already in that document, the changes will apply only to those frames. You can (usually) select as many frames as you can see in your work area, even across pages.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up a Paragraph Style, which can include justifications settings (and a whole lot more) and apply that to the text frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading the question as pertaining to Vertical Text Justification — I may be wrong.

For vertical justification in text frames, what I said; for paragraph (line) justification, what Derek said. Choose wisely. 🙂

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jonathan32years , as Derek suggests Justification is a Paragraph and Paragraph Style property, so if you change the Justification setting from the Paragraph panel it would only apply to the selected paragraph(s). If the text in your 5 text frames have the same Paragraph Style applied the Justification for all the paragraphs could be changed via the style:

Screen Shot 45.pngScreen Shot 46.png

If you actually mean Vertical Justification as @James Gifford—NitroPress suggests, then you can select the text frames and apply the Vertical Justification via Object>Text Frame Options:

Screen Shot 47.pngScreen Shot 48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines