• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What can you do if InDesign complains about missing an OTF font?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the TTF version of that font saved in my Document Fonts folder in my package.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is only if the person is online. 

If he has no internet, it will grab the font from the package.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is only if the person is online

To be honest, I don't use Adobe fonts very often, so I am not sure. Maybe that they are downloaded in a hidden folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Chris P. Bacon 

If you really don‘t want to use Adobe Fonts you can turn then off from your Creative Cloud app’s Preferences, then there would be no conflicts:

Screen Shot 14.png

20 years ago it was common to deliver InDesign packages to printers for output, but that’s pretty unusual today. Most printers want press ready PDFs which would have any Adobe Fonts embedded—the printer would not need to activate the fonts in order to output the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I want to replace (or change or assign) a font, the interface should let me know before the replacement that the new font is taken from Adobe, from local or from my Document Fonts folder.

Because I might have the font both locally, in my Document Fonts folder and on Adobe Cloud, so as you said I have to check after the replacement, which font was used? If it was not the one I wanted, how do I change the path to the right font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because my package and my doc are always in the cloud, and I always open them or share them from there, no matter which is my or other peoples location. Because the cloud folders are integrated in the file system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I understand the OTF  / TTF confusion with the flavor thing.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Playfair Display OTF is not packaged, because Playfair Display OTF doesn't exist. Only TTF exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If InDesign displays a warning message about an OTF missing font, either get this font (easy if it is a Google font), or replace it with the TTF version you have, but in this case, text may reflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines