• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When editing text, changes do not always appear until de-selecting

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make edits to text like increasing/decreasing font size or leading, the changes do not appear live until I de-select with my mouse. This really slows me down (stops me in my tracks) and is very confusing when making multiple changes. Text size and leading are probably the most common function of even the most basic text-editing program.

I noticed this when I updated to the 2022 version, and it is still doing the same thing now that I updated to 2023. I was then using Catalina 10.15.  And when I recently bought a newer Mac, (currently using Ventura 13.0) the glitch is still doing exactly the same thing.

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon?

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is now fix coming soon - because it's not happening to everyone and it's something local with your settings.

As it's happened across several versions of InDesign and also on a new computer. 

It might be with how your files are saved. 

Are you saving to a local hard drive? If so is it to a cloud service like Dropbox folder, Adobe Cloud folder or other?

Do you have any firewalls or anti-virus running?

Quick way to see if there's a certain interference from another process is to start up the computer in Safe Mode. 

Open InDesign and see if the problem persists. If it's ok - you know it's a third part app causing the issue. 

Like a VPN or another scenario.

Can you let us know a bit more about your workflow?

Windows Safe mode

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644....

mac safemode

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/guide/mac-help/mh21245/mac#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20the%20power,....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines