• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I export as hires pdf from Indesign, images end up lowres in PDF - any way to fix this?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export as hires pdf from Indesign, images end up lowres in PDF - any way to fix this?

TOPICS
Bug , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, could you please post more specific infomation about the contents of your InDesign layout, the exact PDF export settings you're using, and how you're determining that the images in the resulting PDF are of low resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select a problematic image in InDesign and open the link panel to its extend and make a screen shot and post it here so we will get the relevant inormation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are images showing the high quality image in Indesign, and the low quality image in the PDF.

Could it be the image compression settings when export, that reduce the image tize and resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked for a screen shot of the image together with the open link panel. Otherwise I cannot see what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Willli - I have found a fix.

It is indeed a compression setting issue when writing the PDF. The standard setting is to reduce any image above 400ppi to 300ppi. If that is increased to reduce from bove 900ppi to 600ppi, then the image inthe PDF is higher resolution as required.

Thank you for your patience ans assistance.

Keep well, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines