• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I preview my epub in the kindle previewer, the endnotes numbering has disappeared.

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I preview my epub in the kindle previewer, the endnotes numbering has disappeared. Is this a failing in kindle previewer, or am I doing something wrong. When I insert an end note indication in the body of the text, using the properties panel, I am taken directly to my endnotes pages, and everything looks fine. I'm using Windows 10, inddcc2022.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some quick testing and can't replicate this problem. I'd start by reviewing the setup of your Endnotes (Type | Endnote Options), and try setting it all to defaults to see if that resolves the problem. Then work forward to the format/layout you want again.

Some of the formatting for foot/end notes can do odd things in EPUB export.

â•Ÿ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) â•¢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for putting your time into testing this. Here's a scrnshot of my endnotes settings panel. Everything was in default, when the problem showed up in the previewer before I posted here. The indd endnotes pages all do show the numbering. Just now I only changed the font to be applied to the endnotes. I'm hoping that maybe when I upload the .epub to kdp.amazon, skipping the kindle previewer app, then things will work out.

And thanks for your earlier help in getting color to show up in my images in the kindle previewer. Switching to "tablet" view worked like a charm!! 

Endnote settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines