• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I type out numbers in a sentence (August 10, 2023), 2023 jumps in front of 10. Why??

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I type out numbers in a sentence (August 10, 2023), 2023 jumps in front of 10. Why??

Here is a screenshot:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 2.44.04 PM.png

I have tried uninstalling, restarting, etc.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Where did you change the language setting. It has to be done at the character level -- select the text and change the assigned language or change it in the applied style. Many users mistakenly believe choosing a language in the prefs sets it, but those settings only choose which dictionary will be used for any given language that is assigned at the character level.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Actually it looks like Peter is 100% correct here; I missed where you used the word "preferences" to describe where you'd set the langage. You'd want to use the Text Tool and change it here:

EN.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it has to do with settings being in Arabic? Even when I change it in preferences to English USA it doesn't help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you change the language setting. It has to be done at the character level -- select the text and change the assigned language or change it in the applied style. Many users mistakenly believe choosing a language in the prefs sets it, but those settings only choose which dictionary will be used for any given language that is assigned at the character level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your suspicion is really close. It's not set in Arabic, if you set it to English US. However, it's possible to still be in RTL paragraph direction when en_US is assigned. That's what it looks like to me, what with the numerals rendering as en_US but the comma and space are acting like they're set to behave right-to-left. Do you have a button in your Paragraph panel that will let you change its direction? 

rtl.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it looks like Peter is 100% correct here; I missed where you used the word "preferences" to describe where you'd set the langage. You'd want to use the Text Tool and change it here:

EN.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixing the language in teh character panel fixed it!!! Thank you so much!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I honestly could cry lol so grateful!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines