• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When InDesign Won't Export a PDF...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on an iMac.  It seemed that "suddenly" InDesign would not export my document as a PDF!@$#!!

I've never had this issue until today.  YESTERDAY I was messing with my SECURITY & PRIVACY PREFS in the OS.

I had UNCHECKED Full Disk Access for InDesign.  THAT'S WHAT MESSED THINGS UP.

FULL DISK ACCESS must be allowed for InDesign to find all the links and art in the file you're working on, as it CREATES THE PDF.

Sure enough, I went back into prefs and GAVE INDESIGN FULL DISK ACCESS and it's working fine.

Hope this helps those in need ;-)).

--SpockSpeaks

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That makes sense because under recent macOS versions, writing a new file file (in this case, a PDF) requires an application to be approved for Full Disk Access.

That's a frequent problem for new users of recent macOS versions when any new application is installed as well. Or access to features like a Camera or Microphone, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines