• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using "Share for Review" with Private invitations, some reviewers can't see more than 1st page

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using "Share for Review" with private invitations. Some reviewers complain that they can't open the document and can only see the 1st page. Is there a lock on the doc when someone has it open for review?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Hi @Margaret5EDF No, there isn't any "lock" applied with Share for Review. It may have to do with the browsers that the reviewers are using. Share for Review has reported some platform problems and the document can render differently depending on how it's being viewed. You could ask them to switch to a different browser to see if they can access the entire document. You can also try pressing "Update Link" in the panel to send a refreshed copy to the server. The alternative is to use "Publish Onl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Margaret5EDF No, there isn't any "lock" applied with Share for Review. It may have to do with the browsers that the reviewers are using. Share for Review has reported some platform problems and the document can render differently depending on how it's being viewed. You could ask them to switch to a different browser to see if they can access the entire document. You can also try pressing "Update Link" in the panel to send a refreshed copy to the server. The alternative is to use "Publish Online" as that might be a more universal platform. The other option is to export to a PDF and use Acrobat DC's sharing tool, which also allows for private invitations and feedback via comments, which you can import back into InDesign. Let us know how it goes!

JainLemos_0-1643241319477.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've now used the Share for Review a few times. I find that it works well for the first set of comments, but thereafter the anchoring of some unresolved comments get messed up (moved to the wrong place). So I think there are a few kinks Adobe needs to sort out before the feature is usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines