• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where has Bookman Old Style go on InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created items in InDesign for our charity using Old Bookman Style. However, when I went on InDesign recently to edit some work it seems that the font has disappeared. How can I get it back? It doesn't seem to be on adobe creative cloud. We really need this for the work otherwise we are going to have to stop using Indesign as all are work won't be consistent with our brand. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using? Is Bookman Old Style still available to other applications on this computer?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using macOS. Yes I can still get it on other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macs have multiple folders to store fonts, including the three shown below. Where is Bookman Old Style Located on your Mac?

• System > Library > Fonts
  • User > Library > Fonts
  • Application > InDesign CC 2019 > Fonts

Note that some of these folders are hidden by default. Command + Shift + Period is the Keyboard Shortcut for Toggling Hidden Files in Mac OS.

If you put a copy of your Bookman OS fonts into the InDesign font folder, InDesign should certainly see it.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you that has solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb! 

I have the same issue as the person above. I don't quite understand your guide here. Where should I start? Bookman Old Style is available in Word but not in InDesign. I can´t find it in the font book either, unfortunately. 

/Lovisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lovisa26109551yd5e ,

if it is available in Word, it could be that it is installed to a special place only Microsoft Office apps can access it.

Are you on Windows or are you on MacOS ? And waht's your version of InDesign? Do you have Admin rights to your machine?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lovisa26109551yd5e:

It sounds like you're on a Windows computer? Try copying Bookman Old Style to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign 2022\Fonts to see if InDesign will recognize it. (I'm on a Mac but I'm fairly sure that is the correct path for Windows. For sure, put it in Fonts folder inside the InDesign application folder on your hard drive.)

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s great news.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines