• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where has "Override master page items" gone?

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I wish to unlock ALL page number blocks in my layout but "Override master page items" has been changed to (sorry for the approximate translation, I work onteh french version of the program) "override some master page items" and I can only find the way to unlock those items one à the time with Alt-Option…
The french help pages on the Adobe website are not up-to-date on the matter (https://helpx.adobe.com/fr/indesign/how-to/override-master-pages.html) so I ask you folks : where to go/how to do to override ALL master pages items in Indesign 22?
Help will be highly appreciated

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Ok I found, the information from Adobe is not clear !!! You must first go to your template and you select your elements that you want to be able to change, then you right click and you select "allow replacements of template elements" and then you come back to your layout. You right click on the page (in the page panel) and you select "replace all elements of the template" and it unlocks the template!!! pppfffff I wasted 2 hours of my life searching!!!! Good job 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

The option is no longer the same on Indesign 2023.... I answered above 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Draw out a selection frame across the whole page (or spread), then press Ctrl+Shift (or its Mac equivalent). That overrides all master page items on to the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does'nt work :-s I have the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has changed. From the pages panel menu you can override all parent items:

2022-11-08_07-04-19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option is no longer the same on Indesign 2023.... I answered above 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I found, the information from Adobe is not clear !!! You must first go to your template and you select your elements that you want to be able to change, then you right click and you select "allow replacements of template elements" and then you come back to your layout. You right click on the page (in the page panel) and you select "replace all elements of the template" and it unlocks the template!!! pppfffff I wasted 2 hours of my life searching!!!! Good job 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thanks a l-million! maybe you wasted 2 hours searching but at leat you found! it drove me NUTS a whole afternoon in vain… (I had the chance that I could just remove all the page numbering blocks that caused me problems).
Thanks a lot to both of you for replying and finding the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines