• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where I can ID for Uzbek language in InDesign SDK?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I was planning to create a Hyphenator plugin for InDesign for the Uzbek language. But I can't find the language ID for Uzbek language in LanguageID.h file There are only sublanguages for Cyrillic and Latin.

There is also no Uzbek language in list of interface languages in the InDesign program.

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about SDK - perhaps @Manan Joshi might be able to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Ruslan Chodoev,

I see two things in the file which could provide you some direction to investigate. One is the following comment

If the language id you need is not defined here use MakeLanguageID( kLanguageUseICULocale, kSubLanguageDefault )
	and Call ILanguage::SetICULocale with the ICULocale for your language.

Then in the primary language id segment see 

#define kLanguageUseICULocale			92 /* IDs for languages without an ID above. Uses locale id in ILanguage to sort and do case conversion */

What this means is that this has been the design and the SDK designers did know that they are not adding in an exhaustive list of language and tried to provide a way out of that. Let us know if this helps or not.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines