Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is How to Manually Download CS6 Updaters Mac

Advisor ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RE: InDesign 8.0, CS6, OS-X macOS

HELP PLEASE locating a direct download link to manually run and update my InDesign from 8.0 - to the late (8.1?)

I found and manually download Photoshop 13.0.6 and Acrobat 10.1.16 .dmg files and successfully updated them on my local machines

I've read all the disclaimers and rants, just need a link that works

MORE INFO

I just started from scratch installing my multiple licenses of CS6 Design Web Premium on four Apple computers ranging from 10.6.8 Snow Leopard to 10.14x Mojave

After I figured the new installer out:

1. the installers ran SEAMLESSLY on all OSes
  2. They also appeared to successfully HELP> UPDATES... all the updates completed with "Successful" acknowledgement and row of app icons that were supposedly updated
  3. AND all seem to be working (except iLL Java which I haven't addressed yet)

but when I checked all the apps were still .0

even the set on my 10.6.8 install

EVEN MORE INFO THAN THAT

I installed from a fresh download image off the Adobe server

http://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/legacy/99CABBAC-C975-4A06-8D99-064C6871EE80/DSST/CS6/osx10/Des...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

note to adobe:

I just installed cs6 from your above download image on four Mac computers, 2 MacBook Pros (2011), a 2010 Mac Pro, and a 2012 Mac mini

the installer worked SEAMLESSLY (10.6.8, 10.12.6, 10.13x, 10.14.4 all latest versions start from scratch install)

Help> Update... worked SEAMLESSLY on all machines (a lot of time to download the updates, authenticate, and install during the process)

EXCEPT ALL THE APPS APPEAR TO BE .0

verified in Get Info on the app icon and Photoshop> About Photoshop

ARE YOU AWARE OF THIS BEHAVIOR?

PS:  on the off chance your install DMG and Help> Update... process actually updated my apps as high as possible (they just report in error to the .0) - please let me know because I tend to go with what I see and what I know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brucgovn ACP posted this for photoshop in 2015 I found on another post:

Photoshop CS 6 update :

Adobe - Photoshop : For Macintosh

I am certain pages like this also still exist for the other apps in the CS, but they are so buried in CC Cloud dominance and moving the website around it is nearly impossible to find them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, what if Adobe were aware of the behaviour. Support is finished. They mean it: they are not going to fix even the most severe issues. And they are steadily removing old installers from download, be sure to archive what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum, you are not addressing Adobe on here.

InDesign CS6 is not supported by Adobe by recent OSs such as High Sierra and Mojave. Some users on here report running InDesign successfully, others have issues.

If using InDesign is mission critical for your business, you should consider upgrading to recent CC versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My recollection (perhaps wrong) is that InDesign 8.1 was for Creative Cloud subscribers only. And is no longer available to anyone, as of last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right – it's called EOL (End of Life!).

Note to OP: InDesign CS6 is over six years old and considered out-of-date for professional software. Some enjoy sticking with CS6 (with appropriate OS), but there are some terrific improvements to the application in recent versions.

If you only use InDesign occasionally, there's an option to pay a bit more and use it by the month(s), when you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, thank you all

>I read all the rants and disclaimers

I'm just STILL LOOKING for the download page if perhaps someone has that information

FYI: I have cs6 indesign updated on a third 2011 MacBook Pro - V 8.1.0.419

8.1 is apparently not for Creative Cloud subscribers only

I've communicated directly with Adobe employees and engineers many times on their forums and I'm optimistic there are some still here who may have been with Adobe long enough to know the answer and respond to my issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the version of CS6 that comes with the subscription to CC is now the only version available from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Test+Screen+Name  wrote

My recollection (perhaps wrong) is that InDesign 8.1 was for Creative Cloud subscribers only. And is no longer available to anyone, as of last week.

this screenshot is from my cs6 retail perpetual install Help>Update... - why I think 8.1 should be the latest update for disc users (my machines never came into contact with anything beyond CS6, including anything related to CC)

81.png

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has just successfully updated a _CS6_LS16.dmg CS6 start-from-scratch install using perpetual retail boxed disk serial number

the following versions were all taken from previous cs6 Help>Update... install (again, no CC or later versions of Adobe software involved):

CS6 Design Web Premium, perpetual boxed retail versions supplied by Adobe

LIST OF UPDATES DMGs for Mac (or higher):

Acrobat X Pro: 10.1.16

Dreamweaver: 12.0.3.5861

Fireworks: 12.0.1.274

Flash: 12.0.2.529

Illustrator: 16.0.4

InDesign: 8.1.0.419

Photoshop: 13.0.6 (Bridge: 5.0.2.4, Camera raw: 9.1.1.461)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't trust the government, so why should I trust Adobe, or any other commercial company, for that matter? When things went nuts south cloud, I just double checked my backups. Here's a recent check-up install, performed in VM, fresh WinXP setup. Perpetual license, update done using offline installer, with network disconnected.

Couldn't actually help you, just be aware there still is a black cat in that dark room. It was way easier to find it a few weeks ago, though…

ID6about-ext.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe have withdrawn the Cc CS6 this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gator soup,

How about this?

Adobe - Illustrator : For Macintosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

follow the updaters down to the actual download: THEY ALL FAIL

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 3.30.05 PM.png

ALL THE SIMILAR PRODUCT PAGES and/or DMG UPDATERS HAVE BEEN DELETED

(Except Photoshop when I checked a couple days ago)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry, gator soup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to acquire any cs6 update download links and the actual updaters at all from adobe support?

I had success getting the actual application downloads from adobe support after all the public links were removed, but then i asked for an updater and adobe support couldn't do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

one says they are still working on the Help>Update... 'update failure' and request for manual updates

I will update when the support process concludes with a definitive response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am looking forward to any update, gator soup.

We live in hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post...but I just had to reinstall CS6 and have been looking for Illustrator 16.0.4, Illustrator 16.0.5, and Bridge 5.0.2 direct download links.

Has anyone had any luck getting CS6 direct download links from customer service?

They keep saying the patch links are no longer available on their website and then send me the master collection link. I tell them I already have the software installed and only need the links to the update installers. They act like they don’t know what I’m asking for and around and around we go!!!

Should I keep at them or is it a lost cause?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted support who weren't much help. Doing a search I found:-

Other CS6 related updates

There's others available but I can't post the links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update, the Flash CS6 update is still online:-

If the installer doesn't run properly, try the following on Mac:-

• Control (ctrl) click on AdobePatchInstaller.app and select Show Package Contents
  • Then go to Contents > MacOS > AdobePatchInstaller
  • Open AdobePatchInstaller
  • Then be patient, it took a long time to finish (over 40mins)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*-M-*, I am on the Mac platform and had to reinstall CS6 from scratch. We are using the application on an older Mac running High Sierra and it works great (except for Acrobat, which kept crashing until we updated it to v10.1.16).  Unfortunately, the server holding all the Mac CS6 update files has also been decommisioned by Adobe (end of life). I was able to locate "AcrobatUpd10116.dmg" and "Photoshop_CS6_13_0_6_upd.dmg", but cannot locate any of the other dmg update files. Do you have access to these other files (all of the links you provided are not working anymore)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines