• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Defaults folder?

Advocate ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a few odd issues with ID and want to reset defaults, but want to back up first...

Just went looking for the defaults folder / file, which, on my computer, would be here:

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version [#]/[language]/InDesign Defaults

However, I don't have anything called that...

Article is here.

Any other tips for "cleaning up" ? I'm staying with 16 as I'm finishing up a project.

thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm staying with 16 as I'm finishing up a project

Move your Version 16.0 folder to your desktop and restart InDesign. That will create a new Version 16 folder when ID restarts.

Screen Shot 28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After doing what Rob Day described above the program will go back to its defaults. This will mean that you will have to recreate any of the customization that you might have done. To protect yourself in the future, I would suggest that after you've re-set up the program to the way that you like it (do this with no document open) quit the program. This will "lock in" all your new preferences. Then I strongly recommend making a copy of the new preference folder (it's the new version of the one you earlier trashed). If you ever need to reset preferences again then you can replace the corrupted preference file with the pristine version that you "put away for later". When you reopen the program after that all will already be as you need it to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines