• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the option to change the height of text-frames in Find and Replace?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody. In Find/Replace - object -  general options text-frames,  I only found the possibility to change the width, but not the height of the text-frames. Where is the option to change the height? Thanks to anyone who wants to help me.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are asking the Find/Change window / Object tab to

1. locate the text frames controled by an object style? (in that case just update the Object Style itself)
  2. OR you use the search icon (magnifying glass - see screenshot below) to filter the frames that have a specific size. In that case you can use the same window to set the Change To options with the new size. Change the Auto-sizing drop-down to what you need.

I find the Object Styles for text frames so powerful for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm that you are asking the Find/Change window / Object tab to

1. locate the text frames controled by an object style? (in that case just update the Object Style itself)
  2. OR you use the search icon (magnifying glass - see screenshot below) to filter the frames that have a specific size. In that case you can use the same window to set the Change To options with the new size. Change the Auto-sizing drop-down to what you need.

I find the Object Styles for text frames so powerful for this very situation.

EricDumas_0-1674657632308.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello. Text frames do not have an object style. This is a text document imported directly from Word. I'll use the second option you gave me. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines