• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White lines appearing on exported PDFs

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in the last week I have begun to notice white lines and boxes appearing in my PDFs exported from Adobe Indesign, as well as things like drop shadows, feathers and gradients being replaced with solid white or black boxes. Sometimes these lines and boxes print, other times they dont. This is a new developement just in the last few days, but I can't figure out what, if anything, has changed with the program or the way I'm exporting. Anyone have any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.58.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-05 at 12.59.02 PM.png

  

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021
Stop exporting to PDF/X-1a and use PDF/X-4 or any other setting that exports at Acrobat 5 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop exporting to PDF/X-1a and use PDF/X-4 or any other setting that exports at Acrobat 5 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2023 Sep 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you recommend setting the export files on so they are print ready and don't get these lines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing I recommended 2.5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2023 Sep 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mary Tack050823 , Is your print provider requesting PDF/X-1a? Many online printers do. Stitching artifacts are caused by low res display anti-aliasing and would not print from a hi-res RIP where there would be no anti -aliasing needed.

In Acrobat you can hide the artifacts by changing the Anti-Aliasing preference—uncheck Smooth line art in the Page Display Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines