Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my text frames wrapping??

Contributor ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings smart people:

The text frames in this document are mysteriously wrapped and I can't figure out why. When I click on the text frame, I see the frame wrapping, as in "Text frames wrapping.jpg" attached. I've check the Parent pages and there is no text frame in any of them.

The text thread begins on a page that includes a wrapped image, and the text frames on the following pages automatically had the same wrapping dimensions as the image (although the text frame on the first page didn't have the wrapping). I don't think the first page text frame itself was wrapped at any point, just on the pages following.

To see what would happen, I deleted all the pages after the first, removed the image, then re-threaded the text, to no avail—the text frames were wrapped again. Setting the text frame options to Ignore Text Wrap made no difference. 

I can go to each text frame (in a 400-page book!!) and manually remove the wrap, but I would rather figure this out.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Susan

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Check that you haven't created/applied an Object Syle with wrap that may be applied to the errant text boxes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we need to see the text before the empty frame with non-printing characters showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying, I fixed it with Brad's suggestion.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you haven't created/applied an Object Syle with wrap that may be applied to the errant text boxes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genius! I opened the Object Styles, and in the Basic Text Frame I Reset to Base, and it took away the wrap! I wasn't clear on how to actually edit the style, but I can explore that later.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines