• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are only my master pages properly centered when hitting Ctrl + Alt + 0?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a master pageHere is a master pageHere is an other page that came from an imported master but I deleted its own masterHere is an other page that came from an imported master but I deleted its own master

The first is a master page, the second was imported via a guest master page, but its master was deleted.

When hitting Ctrl + Alt + 0, it should be centered just like my master page, but it isn't.

Does anyone know why?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

You can have Fit Spread in Window checked in the View menu and maunually shift the spread off center with the Hand tool—you would have to run the key command again to re-center the spread:

Screen Shot 28.png

Screen Shot 29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at your screenshots, they are both perfectly centered BUT the right page seems to differ in size, so that Master (sorry: parent was it?) Page that was imported had a different size applied 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know that?

they are the same width, look:

2022-09-10_18-07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, it looked that way. Anyway, you see both pages in both screenshots, just a little little (very little) differently . I can't see the problem with that 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But similar pages should be centered similar way when pressing Ctrl + Alt  + 0 , so there si something different about one of the spreads that I don't know about, and that bugs me. 

If they are not equally centered in fit spread to workspace mode, when you navigate between the spreads with Pg Up and Pg Down, they will appear as jumping around, and it's irritating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if you have somethging wonky going on with your display. Looking at the screen captures I see a very different size on the vertical scroll thumb and no horizontal scroll thumbs at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scrollbar difference is because one is a master spread and I only have 2 master spreads and the other is a normal spread, one from the 50. There is no horizontal scrollbar because the pages are fit to the workspace with Ctrl + Alt + 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> There is no horizontal scrollbar because the pages are fit to the workspace with Ctrl + Alt + 0.

That's not how it works here... There is always a horizontal scrolling thumb so you can move the view horizontally and expose the pasteboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you show a screenshot with Ctrl + Alt + 0 applied to a spread and with a horizontal scrollbar still available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2022-09-11 à 15.42.30.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe because of lower screen resolution.

I have an HD screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eizo EV 2785 27", 3840 x 2160 resolution. Mac OS 11.6.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I use Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 2560 x 1600 resolution Dell Ultrasharp 27" monitor

Horizontal Scroll.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Now it's centered.

> Maybe there was an invisible frame larger than the pages and I deleted it since, maybe that caused the issue.

I checked that here yesterday and it did not affect centering.

As far as I know there is no difference in the interface on Mac and Windows beyond the otional use of the application frame on Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have Fit Spread in Window checked in the View menu and maunually shift the spread off center with the Hand tool—you would have to run the key command again to re-center the spread:

Screen Shot 28.png

Screen Shot 29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's centered.

Maybe there was an invisible frame larger than the pages and I deleted it since, maybe that caused the issue.

Screenshot 2022-09-10 225938.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines