• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I access Stylistic Alternates for Proxima Nova in InDesign?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I choose the Proxima Nova font with a client partly because it provided access to alternative characters like a single-story "a", which is easier for children learning to read. At least it did until InDesign decided to stop supporting the OTF file. With the TT font provided by Adobe Fonts, InDesign will now not give me access to any of the Stylistic Sets I could previously use. Though according to the font overview (https://www.marksimonson.com/assets/content/fonts/ProximaNovaOverview.pdf), they do exist... is anyone else able to access them? If I'm no longer able to use alternate characters, that's a large problem for this client work because everything we've created has used this font. Help! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

AFAIK, all of the fonts offered through Adobe Fonts are OpenType. I just tried it and those choices are there. Sounds like you may have this in reverse. You've got an older version installed and it's overriding the Adobe Font version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, all of the fonts offered through Adobe Fonts are OpenType. I just tried it and those choices are there. Sounds like you may have this in reverse. You've got an older version installed and it's overriding the Adobe Font version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohmygod, that's it! Thanks so much — you just saved me much time and effort haha. It's odd because one of my computers is brand new so I would not expect that to happen. But I deleted what I had and reactivated the Adobe fonts and there they are. I could not figure that out after hours of searching. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And why I can see this font-family in Indesign 2022  but not in my Indesign 2019 that I use as standard version because of some reasons.???!!!!!!!!  (problems of conversion with many personalization fields)

ADOBE  - wake up, before costumers overcome their inconvenience and leave you forever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines