• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did my fill turn to stroke after copy and pasting the shape in Indesign 18.2.1?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fill shapes are automatically turned into stroke outline shapes after pasting, after restarting, after updating to the latest Indesign, and in a new document and in the same document in Indesign 18.2.1. See image capture of my shape before: Copy and after: Paste.

Help--why is this happening?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using object styles or did you modify the Basic Graphic Frame object style? If you have an object style applied to something you copied and there is a style with the same name in the target document the target document’s style will be applied.

Say you have the style Figure in your Document A which uses a grey fill and no stroke. In Document B there is also a style Figure which has a while fill and a black stroke. Copy something using the Figure style from Document A and paste it into Document B. It wil have a white fill and a black stoke. When pasted items don't look like you expect the first thing to check for is inconsistent styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the reminder about object styles and that makes absolute sense. However in my case, it is also pasted in the same document. ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction! It does NOT paste with the automatic-change from fill to stroke in the SAME document. Sorry for adding this wrong info in the post/reply and I can't delete it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines