• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have repeat page numbering appear in chapters of book?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple chapters (.indd), or files, in my InDesign book (.indb) and am having an issue with a repeat page number appearing. Page 8 reappears in the following .indd. Please see attached screenshots for reference:

I want the 2nd chapter to start the spread on the left side, not the right. I've tried everything I can so far... any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 1.33.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-08 at 1.33.23 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if I choose automatic page numbering for the 2nd chapter, the spread starts on the right side which is the issue here. I want to keep the document starting on the left side while continuing the page numbering from the previous document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trenten 7 wrote:

I want to keep the document starting on the left side while continuing the page numbering from the previous document.

If you continue numbering from the previous document, and the previous docuemnt ends on a right-hand page, then the next document would have to start on the left, unless you use numbering preferences to force a right-hand start, (and maybe add blank pages). 

Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 1.57.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect your numbering problems stem from your desire to bypass numbering conventions (even numbers should be on the left, odd on the right) and the use of sectioning to force the numbering to conform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines