• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to relink images stored in iCloud every time I open a document?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've been using iCloud, every time I re-open a doc in progress, I have to relink all cloud images, and sometime I get the message that "either file does not does not exist or is in use by another...".

I have to locate the cloud image and download it before ID will recognize it. What's up? Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are probably only in the cloud and need to be downloaded. Turn off any smart sync feature to keep the files local at all times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll give that a try—thank you!--

Will Spiers
<personal information removed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Will

I removed some personal info you might have left on in your signature when replying by email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to locate the cloud image and download it before ID will recognize it. What's up? Thanks.

InDesign links have to be saved on your local network—you can’t link to a URL. 

If you have a CC subscription, another option would be to save your InDesign files and their assets in the Creative Cloud Files folder that gets installed in your computer’s user folder. Any files saved in that folder get automatically saved to your Adobe account’s cloud server. You can then place the local copy in the CCF folder, and have a copy automatically sync’d to the Adobe cloud server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines