I am pasting Bengali from an excel file into InDesign CC 2018. I have Adobe World-Ready Paragraph Composer turned on. I’ve tried numerous fonts, including the Adobe Bengali font. Here are a few examples. The words in the red box are as they should be, the yellow highlighted words are how they appear in InDesign.
After doing some research, I’ve learned there are a lot of different rules dictating how certain characters should be combined. I’m wondering if some of these rules were left out or misconstrued in Adobe World-Ready Composer. Or is this an issue with the glyph palette? I can copy the incorrect word from InDesign and paste it into Word or Excel and it looks correct. As soon as I paste it into InDesign, it changes. Any suggestions on how to get around this issue would be greatly appreciated!
[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]
[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]
[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
I see. Actually I've used bengali font indesign CS5 format to Latest CC 2020. But I didn't face this problem. Maybe it's bug.
Please try to copy-paste this, and you will get your job done. I don't have deep knowledge in the bengali font, So I can't elaborate or explain this thing to you. You can simply copy and paste in to your indesign this from here, but there is also some problem, font name "Tiro Bangla" will not properly support this, whereas "Ruposhi Bangla" or "Kalpurush" is compatible with this. and the word can't be pasted here because of HTML glitch.
Any text from MS word or excel to Adobe Indesign can be solved by selecting/changing preference option:
Go to Prefernces > Advanced Type > Deafualt Composer should be Adobe Word-Ready Paragraph Composer.
Any text from MS word or excel to Adobe Illustrator can be solved by selecting/changing preference option:
Go to Prefernces > Type > Language Options-click/select Show Indic Options
How many times can it be said? Changing to the world-ready composer doesn't fix all the issues. We have all already confirmed it's applied.
PB Ramesh @ Adobe, where are you?? Please help.
Totally agree! Those comments are not helpful.
Please share me text file so that I can try at my end.
For a sample file send an email to email@example.com. I need to share the google doc for you to replicate the workflow (as mentioned in my post).
Once again, it's OCR of original Bengali text into Google doc (100% accurate with Arial Unicode and all available Bengali fonts in google docs), copy paste into InDesign and all O vowels map to E.
I've also sent this problem to Google via google doc "Report a problem" and raised it on a google doc forum.
Not sure if you found your solution. I've had the same issue recently and I've tried everything to get my Bengali Word file to match when I place it in InDesign. The only thing I've tried that worked (so far) is from a website I was looking at.
Create a text box, them hold down the command key when adding placeholder text. You will have the option of filling the text box with Arabic placeholder text.
I highlighted the text in the textbox, went to my Word file and copied the text I needed, then pasted the text in my InDesign text box - and the text matched the Word file.
I was thrilled to see a possible solution, but sadly this doesn't work for my case. Source of the problem must be the encoding in the google doc from OCR>google doc (Bengali font) then placed or pasted into InDesign, but no one from google has ever replied to my posts.