• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Indesign saying that my Image is RGB when I changed the colour mode in Photoshop to CMYK?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a logo image that's a png file, I edited it in Photoshop to change the colour mode and the image size (10x5.5 in) with a resolution of 150 ppi. Whenever I import the file to InDesign, it tells me that it's RGB, anyone know what's going on?

2023-04-11 10_56_25-AngelBarcelona_BusinessCard.indd @ 305%.png

 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you using PNG instead of a vector format and PNG doesn't support CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I didn't know that.Sorry, I'm still learning. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With logos it is better to use vector files in CMYK. Images (photos) it is better to use RGB images as PSD, TIFF or JPG depending on the content.

PNG do not support CMYK and have only a simple transparency model. The are supposed for web use.

JPG are good for Photos without transparency.

PSD support transparency, layers and layer composition. If images exceed a specific value (I think it is 3000px per edge) they get to their limit, so will TIFF be better. But TIFF have not such a good preview as PSD have.
If you have images combined with text and other vectors use PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines