• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't this document add pages as spreads??

Participant ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've got an InDesign doc. When I try to add pages, it tries to add them as a single spread. ie if I try to add 100 pages, it says 'can't have spreads of more that 10 pages'. Or if I add less than 10 pages at a time, it makes them all one spread. (ie if I add 5 pages, it adds a 5 page spread). So then i seem to be stuck adding spreads one at a time (if i hit the + button in the pages menu, it'll add spreads. I guess I can click it 50 times to get my 100 pages, but i feel like I must be missing something obvious!

I've got the doc set for 'facing pages' in page layout. my master spread is a spread and is otherwise behaving as one. I feel like I must be overlooking something simple. But what??

kurt

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have "Allow Document Pages to Shuffle" unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully the solution offered by Brad @ Roaring Mouse works. I just wanted to add that changing an option with a file open will generally only change things for that open file. If you want to change a default for all new InDesign files, make the change to the option with no files open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to your pages panel

Window>Pages 

And look for these settings 

1759440_pastedImage_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines